Sweet Potato Biscuits.
Bacon, Cheddar, Scallion Scones.
Whole Wheat English Muffins.
Sweet Cranberry Granola.
JeannieBird Baking Company opened with five signature items that Jeannie had perfected to the point that the items had their own fan base, their own groupies.
We could think of no better celebration of Jeannie’s life than to share one of her favorite recipes. We join her family in hoping that each time you make these scones or share the recipe, you will think of her. Talk about your favorite memories of her.
Celebrate her life.
30 ounces King Arthur all-purpose unbleached flour
1.5 ounces baking powder
1/2 tablespoon salt
1.75 ounces sugar
1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
3 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 pounds bacon
1 pound grated cheddar cheese
1 bunch scallions
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
Beat 1 egg in a small cup, add water and mix thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook bacon until crisp, cool and coarsely chop.
- Chop scallions, fine dice.
- Mix by hand dry ingredients, bacon, scallions and cheese in a large bowl.
- Gradually add heavy cream until mixture holds together.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions, form into disks of equal thickness and brush with egg wash.
- Cut each disk into 8 equal wedges.
- Bake at 400F, 12 minutes..
Makes 24 Scones