compiled by Kym Byrnes, photography by Nikola Tzenov
You don’t have to be Irish to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and you don’t even have to drink beer to enjoy the festivities. Check out some of these tasty drinks offered up at local bars and restaurants to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on March 17.
Bailey’s Thin Mint
- 1 1/2 ounces Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 ounces peppermint schnapps
- Green Creme de Menthe
- Whipped cream
Put Bailey’s, peppermint schnapps and coffee into a mug. Top with whipped cream and drizzle Creme de Menthe on top.
O’Lordan’s Irish Pub
14 Liberty St., Westminster • olordanirishpub.com
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
- 1 tiny drop of green food coloring
- Lime wedge for garnish
Combine ingredients and shake well; strain over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
7540 Main St., Sykesville • market-tavern.com
- 2 ounces Midleton Irish Whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Jameson Black Barrel Whiskey
- 1 ounce Creme de Menthe
- 4-5 ounces Doubletree Ginger Beer
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- Splash of Sprite
- Garnish: 4 ounces of bacon, 1 celery stalk and 1 shrimp
Mix the liquors and shake, pour in a glass and add ginger beer and splash of Sprite. Be sure to leave room for the garnish. Add 2 drops of food coloring.
2315 Hanover Pike, Hampstead • fratellispasta.com