by Kym Byrnes
If you love wine, you want to be at this event. And if you don’t love wine, you probably still want to be at this event. The 38th Maryland Wine Festival will take place at the Carroll County Farm Museum on Sept. 17 and 18 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. While the festival was created to feature Maryland wines, the two-day event also offers plenty of delicious food, shopping, arts and live music.
All event tickets include access to the “main field” — the center of the festival action. The main field features wineries, live music, juried artisan vendors and local eateries.
Those who take their wine tasting a little more seriously may be interested in the Wine Explorer Village — an exclusive gathering and tasting location. Ticket holders to the Village will have access to upgraded wine samples and special event amenities. The area features Maryland-grown wines, shaded seating, complimentary water, and private, air-conditioned restrooms.
What to Know Before You Go
- Attendees are encouraged to bring chairs, blankets, wagons, small pop-up tents and coolers. While you should definitely try some food from local eateries, you are allowed to bring your own snacks and drinks.
- Obviously, the event is geared towards adults, but children are permitted to attend under the supervision of a parent or guardian. Children 12 years and younger are admitted free with an adult ticket holder. Children 13 to 20 require a valid “Designated Driver” pass.
- Leave the dog at home! The Festival cannot accommodate pets.
- Attendees who are utilizing a car service like Uber or Lyft can be dropped off at the main gate off Farm Museum Road. The main gate is NOT a waiting area and vehicles will not be allowed to park here for any period of time. For those driving to the event, parking is available on site at the event.
- Due to concerns about the Covid-19 pandemic and having visitors in close proximity on an enclosed bus, the Maryland Wine Festival will not be offering shuttle bus service this year. Visitors are invited to park on the Museum lot or the adjacent Ag Center lot.
If you love wine and want to be involved – consider volunteering at the event. Volunteers get a an Explorer Pass and a discount coupon for wine purchases. To learn more about volunteering or sign up, visit carrollcountyfarmmuseum.ivolunteer.com/mdwinefest_2022